More Than Words ®
The Hanen Program
We offer a 12-week intensive program called “More Than Words®” by The HANEN Program ® for those parents who wish to become proficient in empowering their children with social communication differences
- Family-Focused Approach that empowers parents to become the primary facilitators of their child’s communication and language development, thereby maximizing the child’s opportunities to develop communication skills in everyday situations.
- Child-Led Learning Approach: that seeks to promote affection and engagement over compliance-based learning
The program costs $1,750 for one parent, or $2,250 for two parents/one parent and one extended family member.
- You can also choose to pay sessions weekly with a booking fee of $600 and a weekly fee of $95.83 for one parent and booking fee of $600 and a weekly fee of $137.50.
Private More Than Words® The Hanen Program®
- Oak Therapy LLC also offers an adaptation of the 12-week intensive program for parents who wish to obtain training privately. We will meet for lecture-based and video-feedback sessions during a 12-week period. Same dynamic and structure will be used during private sessions.
- The program is offered hroughout the year, please contact us via email to start
- The program costs $2,500 for one parent and $2750 for two parents or one parent and one extended family member. There is also a guidebook you can order directly from Hanen or Amazon
Learn more about More Than Words by clicking here.
- The goal of More Than Words® is to empower parents to become the primary facilitator of their child’s communication and language development, thereby maximizing the child’s opportunities to develop communication skills in everyday situations.
- More Than Words® addresses the needs of both non-speaking and speaking children of autistic children or children with social communication difficulties under the age of five.
The program empowers you to help your child reach the following goals:
- Improved social communication and back-and-forth interactions
- Improved play skills
- Improved imitation skill
- Improve communication skills through verbal communication and non-speaking
You will learn:
- What motivates your child to communicate
- How to follow your child’s lead to promote communication opportunities
- How to use your knowledge about your child to set appropriate and realistic goals
- How to make interactions with your child last longer
- Tips for using pictures and print to help your child’s understanding
- Strategies for how to talk so that your child understands you
- Strategies for developing your child’s play skills
- Ways to help your child make friends
- Using AAC (alternative augmentative communication) during play-based dynamics
The program runs for 12 weeks and includes:
- A group orientation session (2 hours) with our Hanen-certified speech-language pathologists (SLP)
- A Pre-program Consultation for you and your child
- Eight (8) Small Group Training Sessions (8-10 families) offered via teleconference (2 to 2.5 hours each for an approximate total of 20 hours of learning)
- Three (3) Individual 45-minute Video Sessions in which you are filmed practicing with your child. You will then have a chance to review the recorded interaction with the SLP to identify what works and where you can modify your approach
- A final report to identify successes and next steps
The program runs for 12 weeks starting Tuesday April 16th 2024 Depending on which time works best for most parents, it will be offered from either 9:00-11:30 a.m. or 7:00-9:30 p.m.
Learn more directly from the Hanen Centre about this reputable, evidence-based program developed by expert speech-language pathologistst
Get in touch
4950 S Le Jeune Rd Ste E
Coral Gables, FL 33146
Phone : +1 (305) 898-3967
Email : hello@@oaktherapy.com